NEW HORIZONS IRELAND
Personal Development Programme for Parents.
Welcome to the New Horizons Personal Development Programme developed by the Stronger Families partnership.
In this course, we will focus on personal development as a foundation for our career development, which we will look at during the second half of the course.
Personal development is about investing in yourself so that you can manage yourself effectively regardless of what life might bring your way. It is also about improving yourself mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.
Personal development is an essential first step to professional development and it requires you to develop knowledge about yourself that you can take with you on any learning journey in the future.
Professional development is development of a different sort that essentially involves improving our career. This kind of development deals with our work life, and our career goals and aspirations.
This course incorporates a proactive and creative approach to analysing professional career challenges. The idea is to find empowering solutions to these challenges. You will not only learn about your own motivations and strengths but you will also practice the skills you will need to succeed in whatever your future chosen endeavours might be.
We look forward to working with you.
One Family (Ireland)
One Parent Families Scotland
Aperio (Czech Republic)
By completing this course you will
- Understand the foundations and importance of self-esteem and personal development.
- Understand the rules to good communication so you can communicate assertively and the negative consequences of unsuccessful communication, such as anger and feeling depressed.
- Understand and recognise the importance of self-care, what stress means to us and our family and adopt new techniques and attitudes to combat stress and feel more in control.
- Set goals for yourself and discover where and how to reach those goals.
- Find areas in your goals, skills, talents and interests where you can improve and use opportunities to achieve that improvement.
This programme is made up of four parts:
- PART ONE, YOUR SELF-ESTEEM: Building and Maintaining Self-Esteem
- PART TWO, YOUR SELF-CARE: Understanding and Dealing with Stress
- PART THREE, YOUR VOICE: Introduction to Communication
- PART FOUR, YOUR FUTURE: Introduction to Career Development
Please click on the START button to begin the course, or one of the images below to go to the part of your choice.