Country specific links to organisations providing information and support for employers, on work life balance issues.
1. This guide outlines important considerations when employers of all sizes are considering or reconsidering flexible working practices, and also a variety of the better known flexible working arrangements.
2. Our campaign – Happy to Talk Flexible Working – is a strapline for employers to show you are ready to have a discussion about flexible working. This is done on a case by case basis and the results will open up the application process to more people with the skills and talents you are looking for.
3. Working Families leads the way in helping organisations and employees build enabling and flexible environments that enhance productivity, creativity and wellbeing so that work works for everyone.
4. Finding a healthy work/life balance is an area where management and unions work well together. Employers want a happy, focused workforce and UNISON wants its members to be treated fairly and to have the chance to be a valued member of the workforce without compromising their family commitments or general wellbeing.
5. There is a wealth of information available to an employer; service provider or other organisations which can assist you to put in place the best policies and practices to enable you to develop an inclusive workplace environment, which prevents discrimination and protects and promotes people’s rights.